The consumer landscape is always growing and evolving, and 2020 will be no exception. But what steps you should actually take to sustain, and grow your business?
An effective online business presence creates the right brand awareness and attracts potential customers to your business. It takes a systematic, concerted approach to build and maintain. Here we are sharing some of the ways on how to create possibilities for your business in the coming year.
1. Redesign your website
Redesigning your website is perhaps one of the first things you should consider in 2020. It’s most important to understand and recognize the critical role your website plays in your customer acquisition efforts and the overall conversions and revenue. It is highly important for any business to have an easy to use responsive website design and in fact nice looking. There might be some reasons which help you deciding to redesign:
- Your website is not user-friendly.
- Your website may have broken links.
- Your website needs realignment with your marketing goals.
- Your website might look outdated.
- Your website no longer accurately reflects your brand.
- You might be losing mobile visitors.
- Your website is not optimized for search engines.
2. Add content to your website
Regular updating your website with fresh content offers a search engine to crawl your website more frequently and helps in improving your chances to show on the search result on request.
Google may determine exactly which queries require fresh content by monitoring the web and their own huge database, including:
Search Volume, News and Blog Coverage, and Social Media
3. Think about Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
The rise of smartphones, AI, and voice search is changing the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) landscape before our eyes. 81% percent of customers and 94% of B2B buyers are performing searches online before they make any purchase decision, so brands that do not have a strong online presence will find themselves falling behind the competition. You have to focus on your audience, trying to give them the best content possible and making it easily accessible to them, by playing according to the search engine’s rules.
4. Build an app
Today, mobile apps are part of every credible business, irrespective of their size or services they offer. If we look at small businesses like restaurants, travel agencies, cafe beauty parlors, that built mobile apps to promote their services, they’ve gradually emerged as the top gainers in their respective industries.
The different ways in which mobile apps touch our lives :
- Stay connected anytime and anywhere.
- Navigation in your hand.
- Enhance your business presence.
- Wholesome entertainment.
- Prestige and fashion statement.
- Helps in emergencies.
5. Run a marketing campaign
Marketing campaigns are extremely important for all kinds of businesses – online as well as offline. If the campaign is successful, more customers will be attracted towards the company for its products and services. The most important step is choosing which online platforms you are going to target with your campaign.
- Research your audience.
- Establish your goals.
- Create a proper strategy.
- Make use of different platforms.
- Be prepared to make changes.
6. Write a sales proposal
While writing a sales proposal, you need to understand the way customers think, you also need to know how to convince them to buy.
Here are a few things to include in sales proposal:-
- Understanding of issue – It is the most important in terms of sales proposal conversion. Customers assume that you know how to do your job, what they don’t assume is that you understand their complications.
- The solution – This is the second most important thing to consider. Make sure to relate it back to the pain points and proposed solutions. State the benefits of your product/services.
- Your price – Rather than using a range that makes both parties feel less than satisfied, throw out a specific price and be prepared to negotiate it.
- Keep it short and crisp – Only mention areas those are important to the prospect and don’t throw in your biography or a list of impressive things your company has done. Focus on what’s relevant to closing the sale.
7. Competitive analysis
Competition helps you to find ways to stand out and become a leading expert in your field. Monitor competitors so that you can better understand what their marketing strategy is and how it’s working for them. Here are some tools you can use to for competitors analysis:-
- Google Search Console
8. Power up your analytics
Nothing hold much value if you can’t clearly measure performance and ROI on your marketing efforts. A detailed analytic report will help you determine where to focus your time, better understand your website visitors and how to convert them to valuable customers, and allow for alignment across the organization.
As a result, you will be able to attract the most valuable visitors, leads, and customers to your business. You’ll need to be able to calculate everything from brand awareness to content performance to your share of voice against your competitors if you want to get the most from your marketing efforts.
Make sure to choose the right set of tools that will help you understand your data and use it to boost your marketing results.
9. Manage your online reputation
Online reputation management is very crucial, not only about reacting well to what people say about you, your brand, or your offers, but also about whether to react at all and, if so, when. Sometimes a reaction is not necessary, and sometimes a reaction that is too late can cost you millions. Catch any discussion that mentions your brand and gets involved in the conversation, whether it’s about customer service issues or a potential lead looking for your product.